The Latest Insights Into Managing Anger with Anita Avedian and Dr. Marc Milstein
November 6 @ 9:00 am – 11:30 am UTC
It is understandable to have feelings of anger in these times. But it is important to beware that according to a study at Harvard University, in the 2 hours after a period of intense anger, the risk of heart attack may increase by 8.5 times.
This seminar will empower you with usable strategies to manage anger to protect your mental and physical health.
You will learn and benefit by understanding:·
- How anger really works in the in the brain and how to manage it.
- Surprisingly, what kind of anger is actually really good for your brain and body and how to use anger to your advantage.
- Science based strategies to not let anger overwhelm you and devastate your mental and physical health.
- How to identify what makes you angry. Sometimes it’s not what we think!
- The key brain structures, pathways and neurochemicals of anger.
- The role of genetics and environment in anger.
- Key Insights into the teenage and adolescent brain regarding anger and managing emotions.
- What’s real and what’s hype in the world of brain based treatments for anger.
2.5 hours of CEU credit available.
Anita Avedian is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (License # LMFT 38403), the Executive Director of Avedian Marriage and Family Therapy Corporation (Avedian Counseling Center and Anger Management 818) and Anger Management Essentials. She is an approved National Anger Management Association (NAMA) trainer, supervisor, and has authored Anger Management Essentials, a workbook for aggression, which has been translated into Spanish, Armenian, Hebrew and Teens (English and Spanish).
Dr. Marc Milstein